Wind Energy Facts
Know the Facts. Power the Future.
Oklahoma ranks 2nd in the Nation for total wind energy generation and 3rd nationwide for installed wind capacity.
The wind industry provides 36% of all electricity in Oklahoma and generates enough electricity to power the equivalent of 2.3 million average U.S. homes.
- 8,072 MW Installed wind capacity
- 3,984 Wind turbines
- 47 Wind projects online (Projects above 10 MW: 44)
- 1,800 MW Wind capacity in advanced development
- $51 Million Annual land lease payments
- $20 Billion Invested since 2013